Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Londres

Friday Rob & Kath came up to stay over, en-route to daughter collection duties from the Uni the next day, so we had a great evening chatting and eating [Kath and Danielle did the drinking, Rob and I had water]. Meantime Rowan was out with Blandine watching Netball Superleague in Leeds. Then next day we were down to London for Carl's 50th in Marylebone. On the Saturday Danielle was speaking in Euston, the girls went shopping in Oxford St [le Primark est tres populaire avec les jeunnes filles Francaise] and I headphoned some weird electronic music [the great Tim Hecker] to help me deal with the nightmare of a Saturday shopping time in the west end; it worked fine, I enjoyed myself.
We then all got to our hotel off of Wigmore Street and could walk around the corner to the pub where the gig was. The photo is of Carl on his bass clarinet with his clarinet and trombone group doing a Kelzmer tune. Mighty Fine

No comments: