Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Netball Dad

I am not sure what the masculine of Soccer Mom is but I think it maybe Netball Dad. Any way, that is what I have been for the last few years [together with the Athletics], driving Rowan all around the country. And I have enjoyed it a lot. So far the list has included
Wigan [start with the bright lights]
Barnsley [stay there]
Cleckheaton [best name]
Wakefield [there last week, went for a great walk by the River Calder]
Sheffield [times too numerous to dare think about, lots of great walks by the canal and river, mountain bike rides in the hills]
Gateshead [for English Schools last year; the highlight of Rowan's high jump career so far. I, literally, could not watch]
Bedford [it is a long way]
Leeds [great riding up the hills above Otley]
Bradford [always cold and windy]
Hull [no comment]
and many more.
My way of looking at it, is that in five years she will be gone, so make the most of the time and travels together, which I am doing.

No comments: