Friday, September 12, 2014

Training

I went on my last training ride ahead of the Etape Cymru sportive that Dave and I are doing on Sunday in North Wales. I decided to ride into the wind to my favorite Wolds cafe - Seaways. High on the Wolds at Fridaythorpe, it is frequented mainly by bikers, and is perfect as far as I am concerned. Simple food, cheap and friendly. Today I ordered beans on brown toast, extra large mug of tea, and the piece de resistance, the homemade blackcurrant pie.
Me "The thought of this pie gets me up the hill"
Quite old lady cafe assistant "You know what gets me up the hill?"
Me [very worried that some lewd innuendo
is on the way] "What?"
QOLCA "Me car"

​The wind blew me home, powered by that pie.​

I took the photo at York Station where there is a lot of new track work going on. Have a look at it. Three lines all nicely connected to each other. Going nowhere - buffers at both ends, isolated from any other track. And why is that great girder just lying on the track? Mysteries make life interesting.

No comments: