Thursday, April 06, 2006

Family Tree


One of our distant and dead relatives, Peter Palmour [nee Dawkins, and not a real Palmour at all, but that's another story] did an amazing amount of pre-internet work on the Palmour family tree. Despite [or perhaps because of] Peter being not well thought of by my father, I made contact with him and was shown around the Palmour sights in Pembrokeshire in West Wales, from whence we came. These included two churches where Palmour's were vicars, and a lot of gravestones, including Peter's which he had prepared in advance [I guess he was a bit odd..].
I have recently been contacted by an Georgian Palmour, and this prompted me to dig out the old family trees and try and make sense of it. So far I have transposed it onto software and started digging around for other Palmours. So far I have found a char-lady who strangely never appears on the official Palmour list, where there are lots of sea captains, vicars and honoured gentlemen. It should be an interesting journey. As things stand the name will die with the current generation of 3 female Palmours [Rowan is one, with two other Essex girls]
A family tree is attached, if you click on it you should be able to read it.

No comments: