Thursday, April 11, 2013

Busy Times

A good two days. First a presentation with colleague Dan to a client went really well - this is always a relief and not a given. Then cycled through town to Surbition where I stayed with college friend Katie and family. We went for a meal at La Tasca in Kingston with their son Andy and friends - really nice evening.
Then a busy day working in west London. Blasting over Kingston bridge on the Brompton something snapped and by the time I stopped the jockey wheel off of the deraillieur was long gone. I stuttered along OK on it until between meetings I was heading to Hampton and it became unrideable. I still had time to push it to my meeting. Then, in the most unlikely of places emerged a bike shop. With Brompton spares. For £3. And it fitted. And it worked.
Very happy outcome.
Now on the Grand Central train back home busy preparing for the Show tomorrow

No comments: