Monday, April 29, 2013

Super Sunday

So yesterday I took Rowan to the track for 8.20am where she got on the coach that was taking the York team to the Athletics match in Middlesborough. She is now in the under 17 girls category, which sounds a little daunting. She really enjoys being part of the team with her mates and had a good time. She won the 800m and was second in the high jump to a girl she knows is very good.
Meantime Danielle ran a half marathon with friend Jenny to Beningborough Hall. They finished at the cafe there, where I met them on my mountain bike. So we had a coffee and cake together then she and Jenny got a cab back home and I carried on my ride. I made the off-road route up as I went along and had a great time. Very windy, lots of great tracks including the battlefield at Myton http://www.battlefieldstrust.com/resource-centre/medieval/battleview.asp?BattleFieldId=26 which is a beautiful quiet spot. By the time I got home I had done 95k so felt pretty good.
We all slept well.
The photo is of Danielle's rowing team.

No comments: