Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Speeding

Over the years I have driven more and more carefully, slower and slower. It was somewhat ironic, therefore, to get caught by a speed camera on our recent trip to Suffolk. I had just overtaken a truck, glanced at the speedometer and noticed I was at 70; too late.

I was very annoyed with myself. I have no problem with speed cameras [I think there should be more]I was just cross that I had forgotten my speed. So the initial letter from Norfolk Police was not welcome. Then I got offered the chance to go on a Speed Awareness course instead of getting the fine and points on my licence. I took the chance, was grateful for it.

So at 8.15 this morning 40 of us assembled at the Garforth Holiday Inn. What a random cross section of society it was - age, gender, ethnicity, class - we had it all covered. The trainers were excellent, the participants all pleasant and not cynical about the exercise. It certainly helped me, and taught me aspects of the Highway Code I had no idea existed. All in all a very uplifting experience.

The photo is one I am very pleased with, from the Southern Uplands Way above Sanquhar
Snow Above Sanquhar

No comments: