Thursday, February 26, 2015

A Day In London

Another sunny London morning. Today I walk along Parkland Walk [the old railway line to Ally Pally] then through Highgate Wood [really beautiful] past Danielle's dreadlocks hairdressers and on to Hampstead Heath. Great views to the Shard etc, and a good walk across the heath to Jack Straws Castle and the pond right at the top; the highest point in London.

I stroll downhill and get a coffee and croissant in a cafe in Hampstead; it is just as you might imagine, lots of literary types tapping on their keyboards in the filtered sunshine. Pleasant. Next I work my way through Belsize Park to the marvellous Primrose Hill with a perfect view of the new London skyline. Then onto the Regents Canal which I follow round to Little Venice where I discover a whole new development along an old spur of the canal - Paddington Basin - with offices, flats, bridges; all the usual quayside developments. Marks and Sparks have their head office with a canteen open to the public, so I get a sandwich.

I make my way parallel to Oxford Street on a route that used to be my cycle route to Paddington from Islington back in the day. Then I am back at the cycle shop in Faringdon picking up my bike and going on to meet Danielle at Friends House on Euston Road. Good walk. Finally it was non-alcoholic cocktails at St Pancras with friend Mark.
For some reason Primrose Hill consistently produces great skies

No comments: