Sunday, February 15, 2015

More Moor

When I was a student I decided that I should learn how to cook Chinese food instead of just eating it. So a book was procured and the food followed. One of my favourite recipes [never followed] was for Tramps Chicken that began with the immortal line,
"First dig a hole in the ground ... "

To go with that I now have a favourite route direction. Danielle and I were on the second of the West Riding Moor walks in the fog above Halifax. Another great walk in difficult conditions [we passed within a couple of hundred metres of a huge wind farm which we could hear, but not see any evidence of, such was the fog], it passed through an area of rounded hillocks known as Great Arse and Little Arse. The instruction "Turn left after Little Arse ..." is my new favourite direction.

At Warley Moor I took this shot in the fog.

No comments: