Monday, November 29, 2004

National Railway Museum

Rowan and I used to visit the Natioinal Railway Museum here in York, http://www.nrm.org.uk/html/home_pb/menu.asp at least twice a week. Once when Rowan was about 3, I lost track of her in the great hall. Slightly panicing I asked one of the staff "Have you seen my daughter?"
"No, but I would'nt worry, she knows her way around here better than me" and he was right, I heard a shout and there was Rowan beaming down at me from on top of the footbridge in the great hall

It is a fantastic place, and although we go less often now, it still feels like home. So we took Mark there yesterday and had a good look round. All the old favorites were there Mallard, the Bullet Train and Rocket We are really lucky having it within walking distance.

No comments: