Monday, November 15, 2004

Surreal Rail Experiences

I got on the train this morning. It was windy so the East coast mainline was experiencing some delays. This meant that I climbed on the first train that arrived, which did so at 8:48am.As we climber aboard, passengers were informed that “this is not the 8:49 to London although it is 8:49 and the train is going to London”. Then, “customers with reservations in coach E will not find them in coach E, as they contain reservations for coach G. Reservations for coach E are in Coach D. Customer should note that the reserved seats on the tickets will not correspond to the actual train seats and customers will need to look at each reservation to find their intended seat.” I laughed a bit to myself as I plugged in my laptop to the sockets fitted in the coach and settled back to watch the chaos. Then I realised the battery light was flashing on the computer - the socket didn't work. I decided not to do any writing on the train after all, I am quite sure it would have wiped from the disk before I arrived in London. If I ever went...... D

No comments: