Sunday, October 17, 2010

Return of the Kingfisher

As I crossed the bridge over the beck onto the Moor this morning I was thinking it was hard to believe I had ever seen a Kingfisher there. It is over 5 years since I saw one. So it was inevitable that this afternoon I should see one again. It was fishing the beck just next to our garden; always a great sight.
This weekend Rowan had a Netball match [they won] with school. I have spent the whole weekend sorting out the garden - cutting trees, making firewood, composting leaves etc. It feels good.
At Quaker meeting today I was on greeting duty, so it was a good way of saying hullo to a lot of people I have not seen for a long while.
The track that accompanied me in to Meeting was Do I Love You by Frank Wilson, a northern soul classic. So I spent time discussing that with a fellow fan at Meeting.

No comments: