Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sleaford 2


Another shot from Sleaford.

Walking across the Moor this morning with the dog, Cortez the Killer on the ipod, my mind turned to looking back. How much can change in five years.

40 years ago -1970- I was in my last year at prep school. Anxious about moving from a small pond to a big one

35 years ago -1975- public school had been and gone and I was living in a shared house in Leeds starting my first job in Leeds - selling newspaper subscriptions door to door with a group of n'er do wells.

30 years ago -1980- being a student had come and gone and I was living in London just having started working in Islington.

25 years ago -1985- the Walk had been and gone. Marie and I were living in Droitwich.

20 years ago -1990- marriage #1 had been and gone. I was now working in policy for the first time.

15 years ago - 1995- Danielle and I had met and bought a house together in Wood Green

10 years ago - 2000- We were married, Rowan had arrived and we had moved to York.

5 years ago -2005- We had moved to Hob Moor, I had started the photography as a serious concern.

So here's to the next 40 years.

No comments: