Monday, May 23, 2005

Tackley Station

When I was at my mother's in Kirtlington last week I went for a walk. She has lived there for over 25 years and I have walked down the old track to the canal countless times. I walked on past the canal and across the river on beautiful paths, then up towards the railway line. I saw a sign for a track that I had, strangely, never noticed before - "Bridleway to Tackley Station". I walked down this lonely track, not a soul did I pass, and emerged directly onto the platform of Tackley Station. I had walked from mother's house to the station totally on footpaths, just crossing the road in Kirtlington at the start of the walk. And trains run from Tackley to York with just one chnage at Banbury. It seemed magical. Why had I never noticed this before? Will it be there next time I visit? Anyway Rowan and I will try the train and walk option out next time we visit Granny.

No comments: