Sunday, January 31, 2010

Brown Rice Diet



Long ago, before we were married, Danielle and I went on a Brown Rice diet for a week. It involves eating only brown rice or rice cakes. You can drink water and herbal tea. You are allowed a dash of soy sauce on the rice if you want. The aim is to detox and cleanse. Amazingly I lasted the week that time but have never done it again. Until now. Danielle has gone on it once a year or so for up to a week. I don't know why but I thought I would give it a go this week and I managed six days without any bother. At first you feel terrible as the caffeine withdrawal and everything else takes hold but then it gets better. The strange thing is how easy it is not to eat stuff all the time. Recommended. But boy was I looking forward to some good tasty food again.

The photo is from the Tay at Dundee

No comments: