Thursday, January 28, 2010

Guinness Penknife


The next object is this Guinness penknife. It was given to me by my father over 35 years ago and has remained on my keyring ever since. It was a promotional gift that he got it from his work at Hartley's Brewery in Ulverston. It has a knife and a screwdriver/bottle opener which have been used for a thousand different uses over the years. It has also been on several planes after getting through he security [inadvertently I hasten to add] without being spotted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi my father has 1 of these he's had it since a scout trip in the 1960s to Dublin, he got it took off him in an Indonesian airport a few years back but someone posted it back to him, he finally had it took off him in Istanbul airport a few years ago and had to put it in the bin when he forgot to put it in his hold luggage, finally I managed to get one off Ebay and will be giving it to him for fathers day! Thanks for your story Simon

Unknown said...

Hi my father has 1 of these he's had it since a scout trip in the 1960s to Dublin, he got it took off him in an Indonesian airport a few years back but someone posted it back to him, he finally had it took off him in Istanbul airport a few years ago and had to put it in the bin when he forgot to put it in his hold luggage, finally I managed to get one off Ebay and will be giving it to him for fathers day! Thanks for your story Simon