Monday, January 25, 2010

Object #3


My mother bought me this pen when I graduated from Liverpool in 1979. It has my name and date inscribed upon it.
I have lost it at least twice, and both times people have read the name and got it back to me. I still use it now, not bad for 31 years.

Having cycled ever so carefully through the snow and ice without falling off once, I set off on a short ride on Friday on the ice-free roads. The other effect of the cold weather on bikes, is that the chain needs a lot of oil and cleaning; more than I had carried out. Result was that my chain seized, I whacked the bars with my knee and went head first into the road. Amazingly I was OK, apart from a messy knee. Also amazingly people stopped to check I was alright. So it could have been worse, but was still annoying.

No comments: