Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Third Guitar



The strat followed me around from town to town, flat to flat. On returning from the Walk I had this idea that I would not be in a band again and should get an acoustic electric that I could play unplugged then plug into my amp if I needed to. I think I thought I had grown up, and grown out of electric guitars. So Derwood told me about this bloke in Fulham who would get me a good price for the guitar ... It didn't happen. He sold it, I got not very much money and the Strat was gone forever. I was going to replace it with an Ovation-style round back acoustic 12 string but went for a Fender acoustic electric in the end. I try not to have regrets in life, but selling the Strat is right up there in the "if I had regrets this would be one" section. Derwood and Andy never let me forget it either. I recently made contact with Andy again after 7 years or so and at the bottom of his email was the mantra "you should never have sold the Strat". The photo is of Diane who sang in my band for a while holding the Fender Rio acoustic.

No comments: